Divorce With and Without Children

Divorce is never easy on a family.  When you're dealing with the dissolution of your marriage we are here to help you (and your children).  We have experience in the following areas:

  • Allocation of Parental Responsibility (custody)
  • Parenting Time (visitation)
  • Decision Making
  • Child Support
  • Maintenance (alimony)
  • Property Division
  • Protection Orders (restraining orders)

Diane has been serving the Denver and surrounding area for more than 18 years and can advise and guide you through the legal process of a divorce. 

Allocation of Parental Responsibilities

Like a married couple going through a divorce, parents who are not married may also obtain court orders which are in the best interests of their children.  The court is available to non-married persons to determine if the parties will make decisions jointly or if only one parent will make the major decisions regarding the child or children.  The court will also establish a schedule for parenting time and determine an amount for ongoing child support. 

Colorado law also provides for non-biological parents to request permission to legally take care of children with whom they have already established a significant relationship. In many of these cases, the non-biological parent has only a narrow window of time in which to file with the court to be granted parental responsibilities.  If you are not a legally recognized parent, if you are in this situation for other reasons, or, if you are unsure if you are able to seek court orders, you should obtain legal advice quickly so as to not miss a critical deadline.

Please contact us today so we can help you with your legal matter.



The Radman Law Firm  815 E 17th Avenue, Denver CO 80218 303.830.2490

Disclaimer: Please note that the content in this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. By visiting this website you are not a client of the Radman Law Firm.  Everyone's case is different and you should not rely on the general contents of this website to make a decision; rather, you should consult with an experienced Colorado attorney about your particular situation.